We reinstated the fishing program last April after the restoration of the lagoon was complete. To date, more than 10,000 fish have been planted in the lagoon.
The following is what you need to know about our program:
- Program is open to children ages 15 and under as well as handicapped or disabled adults
- Fish caught can either be kept or released back into the lagoon
- Children ages 15 and younger can fish without a license, but adult anglers will need a license and if they plan to keep any fish caught, will also need an inland trout stamp
- Sanctuary staff is on-hand on Sanctuary grounds, but the program is not supervised, so adults are encouraged to attend with younger children
- State urban fishing regulations and city ordinances are in place and will be enforced by State DNR wardens and by the Green Bay Police Department
We'd like to thank Don Renard, Renco Machine and the Green Bay Area Great Lakes Sportfishermen who have made the fish stockings and the urban fishing program possible.
We can't wait to see everyone fishing at the lagoon!